Everyone has a Prince story.
It’s been a big few weeks for music lovers. Minneapolis had to say goodbye to arguably its biggest cultural icon with Prince’s passing, and the regional grief is still thick and raw. But then there’s Queen Bey in that yellow dress, smashing up car windows, easing our pain and making us feel invincible. (We pretty much haven’t stopped listening to Lemonade since it dropped.) Jenn has thoughts on what it means to recognize when something isn’t “for you,” culturally speaking, and how you can go ahead and love it anyway, and Kate waxes rhapsodic on how Bey has harnessed her power, vulnerability and gusto to empower a whole generation of women. So, RIP Prince, and long live Lemonade. These are the chapters and cycles of grief and redemption. Middle fingers up.
- Prince Rogers Nelson 1958-2016
- Block party: Thousands of fans flock downtown to First Avenue to honor Prince
- Bridges lit up purple after his death (Snopes.com)
- Prince – Starfish and Coffee (The Muppets Tonight)
- Prince’s philanthropy (CNN.com)
- Jimmy Fallon pays tribute to Prince
- Prince’s vault drilled opened and there’s enough music to release a new album every year for the next century
- Beyoncé – LEMONADE (iTunes Store, with film)
- Beyoncé’s LEMONADE is Sweet Tea
- Beyoncé Sells ‘Boycott Beyoncé’ T-Shirts At Her ‘Formation’ Tour
Tweets of the Week!
you guys are all excited for GOT but for a minute let's consider The OC Season 1
— Colette Fletcher (@bahroomn) April 25, 2016
"WHOM WHOM WHOM"-owl that never gets invited to parties
— Aparna Nancherla (@aparnapkin) April 30, 2016