Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:26 — 29.0MB)
Episode 14 kicks off with Kate and Jenn improvising their improv skills! Kate’s feeling better (finally!), Jenn’s off the sugar, and considering getting a dog. Hijinks and thoughtful conversation continue covering some of the week’s biggest topics like the all-female Ghostbuster’s cast, the Superbowl (sportball!!!!), the Disneyland measels outbreak, and T-Swift and her trademarkin’. As always, Tweets of the Week with shoutouts to @home_halfway and @sweatingcommas for bringing more laughs to XOXOJK.
You should totally take improv classes
The Adventures of Milo and Otis
Ghostbusters all woman reboot
- Ghostbusters release date post (Facebook)
- Some Men Are Pretty Mad About Female “Ghostbusters”
- The Horrible Truth About LadyGhostbusters
Superbowl ads sold out 4 days before kickoff on NBC vs 2 months in advance on FOX last year:
- Days before kickoff, NBC sells out of Super Bowl ad space
- GoDaddy ad yanked
- For the Super Bowl, Two Ads Take Aim at Domestic Violence in the NFL
That domestic abuse 911 call ad is straight from this reddit comment: https://t.co/01pWOmtASw
— Tony Webster (@webster) February 2, 2015
- Watch Katy Perry’s Super Bowl Halftime Show With Missy Elliott and Lenny Kravitz. And clapping sharks
Taylor Swift’s trademarks:
- Taylor Swift trademarks ‘sick beat’ (BBC)
- Taylor Swift has trademarked the phrase “This Sick Beat”
- The Dating Equation: ½(your age) + 7
Barb Abney let go from The Current.
We love you, Barb!
Tweets of the Week!
Girl are you the media coverage of New York weather because you're making a big deal out of nothing
— Michael (@Home_Halfway) January 28, 2015
Current status: afternoon-drunk, hoping I caught the right bus to the Amtrak station.
— Jason Rehmus ☠ (@SweatingCommas) February 1, 2015
Check out our Facebook page! Find Jenn on Twitter or at her website. Find Kate on Twitter or at her website.